- There are Way Out signs instead of Exit signs.
- It can be 60 degrees outside and 110 in the tube.
- Road signs rarely exist.
- The White Van Man is out to kill.
- Look right first when crossing the street.
- Stand to the right on the escalators unless you're running up the stairs.
- Their coins are heavier and used more often. The 2 pound coin is my favorite thing.
- I'm either a good bargainer or a liar. Either way I saved 3 pounds on my watch.
- Nothing is cheap in Notting Hill. Whether the sign says Sale or not.
- Cheese is a big deal. It's all over the place.
- No one talks on the tube. I literally saw people playing charades the other day instead of just whispering to each other.
- There is no such thing as too much PDA in Europe. I have seen many hands up shirts.
- If you don't go through the self check out at the grocery store as speedy as possible the attendant will walk over and hover over your shoulder to make you nervous and speed you up.
- Everyone here loves animals because they are hardly seen. Stray cats always have crowds of people around them.
- Cookies aren't good here. The best ones are called Digestives. Which says a lot.
- Nothing is open past 11, which isn't normal for a big city. Come on London.
- Being in an elevator at the tube station with 30 other people is my least favorite thing.
- The candy bar wrappers don't give you a little summary under the name of what's in there. It's always a surprise.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Posted by Alison at 9:54 AM