Tuesday, January 10, 2012

first day of school.

made me laugh...

This morning was my first day of 3D Design.  To make things better Brooklynn and Camilia are in my class. :)  After a couple powerpoints we headed back to the welder so we could each practice welding and get a feel for it before we have to start our steel assignment.  My professor walked over to the corner to cut a piece of metal.  Sparks shot all over, which was expected.  I think because my Dad is always doing stuff like that in our garage, and always has, (he usually asks you to hold something while those sparks are flying all over you) I didn't think anything of it.  But Camilia really wasn't expecting it.  She jumped back and immediately teared up.  I stood there with Brooklynn laughing like true friends while she wiped tears off of her face.  I would never expect someone to get so scared over that.  She was caught off guard.  It made my day.


thankful for...

I'm thankful for other artists in my life who I can text 20 times during the day with art project ideas and they text back and tell me how terrible or amazing they are.  It really helps.


tender mercy...

I had to run to the HFAC to sign a paper to get a key for my studio space.  Except I forgot it was 11am on a Tuesday....which is the most irritating part of my week.  Everything on campus shuts down for devotional (which I go to, on average, once a year).  But I got there right as she was closing the door and she let me hurry and fill out the paper anyway, even though I go in that office way too often asking her annoying questions. 

Today was also my first day of Ceramics.  We were throwing cups, which I've never done.  I guess I was having too much fun because I looked up at the clock after class had already ended.   I panicked for a second because I had to figure out what to do with the half finished cup on my wheel, clean up, and run to the MOA for class, within 10 minutes.  I obviously didn't make it.  I was 20 minutes late when I walked in the MOA, telling myself what a terrible student I am.  I hiked up the stairs only to find out that my class didn't start for another 40 minutes!  Tender mercy or just me being clueless? It doesn't even matter because I had time to get White Cheddar Cheez-Its and some juice before I was ON TIME to class. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just read this entry & laughed really hard about the sparks scaring Camilia, & it making your day. That's great! Oh, and the holding stuff for Dad, while sparks fly all over you was funny & true too, haha.

    ReplyDelete